For the first time in Kopenhagen Fur’s history: Triple Top Lot buyer
12 September 2017Auction
Never before has the Danish auction house had a customer like Mr He Jing, who purchased a total of three Top Lots during one auction.
50 skins in the Chinchilla Top Lot at the price of 1,280 DKK each. 50 skins in the Sapphire Velvet Males Top Lot priced at 840 DKK for each skin. And, finally, the Silverblue Velvet Females Top Lot for 630 DKK for each skin.
Not only has Kopenhagen Fur never had a customer like Mr He Jing before, but the story also becomes impressive, because it was the first time he purchased a Top Lot at Kopenhagen Fur.
Mr He Jing did not buy these skins with the intention of purchasing the most Top Lots at Kopenhagen Fur. In fact, he did not even know that it was the case until the Top Lot pictures were taken.
- What really matters is that I wanted the finest quality of skins for my customers, says Mr He Jing.
A private club
His business specializes in making fine, quality customised fur and leather garments for high-end fur customers. His business is well-known in Beijing as Beijing Zhi Jiang Fur Garments Studio, known abroad as Beijing Sensations Fur. It was founded by his grandfather in the 1940's as Zhong Xin Fur Shop. His grandfather originally came to Beijing from Tianjin with dreams of starting a successful fur business. A dream that Mr He Jing's father continued and culminating with Mr He Jing's luxury fur retail shop.
- It is a private club. Customers come by to have their fur garments tailormade. In fact, the Chinchilla Top Lot is already reserved for a buyer, he says.
His luxury store is located in one of the prestigious, beautiful and traditional quarters of Beijing. Here, his company is located in one of the well-known, traditional courtyard houses, Si He Yuan, that evokes the history of the Western Zhou period in China, with has a history dating back over 2,000 years.
His decision to place his business here and brand it as a private, exclusive club, as well as his decision to purchase the three Top Lots, go hand in hand.
- No matter the cost, we must have the finest skins for my customers in surroundings that evoke the history of China, he says.
Traditional garments for modern consumers
Mr He Jing also visited Kopenhagen Fur Studio during his stay in Denmark. A visit, that inspired him to see the potential in fur techniques.
- It was fabulous. It truly inspired me to experiment with complex fur techniques, he says and begins to explain his own approach to fur designs.
- In my own store, I typically focus on traditional eastern Chinese garments with a modern twist, he says.
In the future, Mr He Jing plans on purchasing more Top Lots at Kopenhagen Fur for his own valued customers, as they appreciate the fine skin quality as well as the fine work his own brand produces.